An interesting Fall

So, this was definitely an unusual Fall for me, but an enjoyable one. I had a mix of my first October dip in the Mediterranean during a church retreat, my first trip back to the States to finally get another visa and see those I love, and my first time to celebrate Thanksgiving in the US and Spain. I had a great time in the midst of this interesting mix... here are some pictures from my Fall...

This is a shot of a baptism in the Mediterranean during our retreat. This was a great moment as our whole group of Anabaptists from all over Spain walked down from the hotel to the beach to celebrate with a former Spanish priest who was being baptized in the chilly sea. Because of the huge crowd (and this guy is pretty good-looking), the Spaniards on the beach asked if that was Antonio Banderas! We all got a good laugh out of that as the person who responded said, "No- this is better- it's someone being baptized as a Believer in Jesus Christ"... needless to say, that response wasn't the answer they were looking for!

While back in the States for a month, I absolutely soaked in the beauty of Fall all around me. And I was doubly blessed by a return to Spain where Fall had barely begun (there are STILL leaves on the trees here!).

My home on Old Mill is so dear to me... it was wonderful to be back during my favorite time of year...

Chris and I took a trip out to PA to connect with the BICWM home office, friends, family, and my Messiah 5-year reunion. It was a packed trip, but great!

We were also able to stop in and see Mom's side of the family while we were out East. It was good to hang out at Grandma and Grandpa Nash's for a night.

This is some of the "Old Mill gang"- our group of neighbors that have stayed close since I was little. I loved having the opportunity to connect with at least part of the group while I was back. It's fun to see where life is taking all of us as we keep growing up.

Tonia, Todd, Micah, and their soon-to-be-born daughter came down for an early Thanksgiving and it was a treat to be able to hang out with them a bit while they were visiting.

Here is a group of some of my closest friends from back home getting together to do a Corn Maze and just enjoy hanging out and catching up on a chilly Fall day. I felt so spoiled to be able to enjoy being with so many people I loved while I was home. God is SO good!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home