Saturday, August 26, 2006

My Swiss Trip


This trip was relaxing and enjoyable... I had a great time hanging out with new friends and experiencing a familiar climate again. I flew into Geneva and took a train with my friend to Bern where her family lives.

These pictures were taken in a little town to the southeast of Bern called Thun. I was enchanted by the quaint town nestled in a valley with a huge lake surrounded by mountains. We went to an old church to hear a concert with a pipe organ, then saw a small castle, strolled through the town along the completely clear water of the mountain river, had a picnic by the lake, then went swimming with the mountains reflected in the water around us. It was wonderful!

This is a picture taken from a view overlooking Bern. (Damaris and me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home