A Song to Sing
Lately God has been singing over me in this beautiful way that is almost impossible to ignore. As He sings over me, I feel this need to capture the song so that I don't forget. I'm not really sure why this has just started now when I never really wrote music before, but I am loving this time of making music with my Lord. It's a sweet time. The awesome thing about this is that as God gives me the words and music, the songs continually go through my head and keep me from forgetting what God wants me to understand about Him. I'm mostly including these songs here so that I don't forget where they come from...
Thursday, Feb. 2, 2006...This song came out of one of those sweet moments in the Lord where I was just blown away with God’s love for me. I had finished one of my first days of therapy where there had been some pretty intense pain. During my time of being quiet before Jesus, I thought about how he was with me in the pain and would carry me through. Even more than that, I was overwhelmed by the excruciating pain Jesus endured for us- completely motivated by his incredibly pure and unselfish love for us. Wow. At that moment, it was as if a wave of understanding hit me. I was reminded more than ever before in my life of how impossible it is for me to pay back this precious gift given me through God’s grace. I must learn to accept it, rest in it, live it, reflect it, and multiply it in the world around me. Thank you, Jesus.
My Beloved
Verse 1-
Where do I begin?
Can I comprehend
This awesome love
Offered from the One
Who first imagined life
The Giver of true light,
Great Healer and King
Who over me sings:
Chorus-
My beloved,
Here I wait.
There is nothing you can do to change my love for you.
My heart is big enough
For you to stay.
Stop your trying now and walk with me today.
You are loved.
Verse 2-
How can I believe?
Help me to receive
And rest in this love
Poured out from above
Through Your great sacrifice
Though You had every right
To leave me to my way
I hear You say:
3 Comments:
Gene~ I agree. Unfortunately, my compositions tend to follow the trend of much Christian music I've heard- great words, but the musical composition doesn't have high quality or creativity. Gotta start somewhere, though :)
Kara
Beautiful KARA!
I love it. I am so happy for you during this time.
I wish I could have stopped there on our way and said HI but our tickets are already booked.
I miss you and love you so much. It was good to see you Mom last week at MHC.
Keep writing what is given to you, it is beatiful and is from your heart.
Kara that wasn't cameron that was me Bonnie.
Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home